LLM – Common Law Admission Test
Courses – IGNOU offers courses in all possible streams through distance learning. You can see summary table of IGNOU courses or you can see List of IGNOU Academic Courses categorised on the basis of degree offered. Check Details of IGNOU OPENMAT
Methodology – Under Academic activities students are provided study material, home assignments and arranging of personal contact programmes. The University follows the ‘Credit System’ that is equivalent to 30 hours of student study comprising all learning activities (i.e. reading and comprehending the print material, listening to audio, watching video, attending counseling sessions, teleconference and writing assignment responses). Thus, a 2 – credit course involves 60 hours of study. The University conducts Term-end Examination twice a year in the months of June & December.
Study Centres – It has study centres in each state of India. Personal Contact Programmes are held in these study centres. Read IGNOU study centres in India . Anyone can view or download IGNOU free online study material to enrich their knowledge. Download procedure for registration in Egyankosh.
Selection – Admission to IGNOU courses are made through a) Merit of qualifying exam or b) entrance test or c) interview or d) work experience or e) Combination of number of these factors which depends on the choice of the subject.
Application Procedure – Application form can be obtained from University or Study Centre or Website. Applicants can submit their admission application forms online, throughout the year. However, such online applications shall be processed for January/July session depending upon the date of submission by the student. Payment of programme fee can be made through credit card, debit card, cash challan, demand drafts and any such other method in designated banks as specified in the online application form.
Walk-in-Admission – University has introduced Walk-in-admission facility in all regional centres, with effect from July 2008 for all Programmes except for the management & B.Ed. Programmes. For January Session it is from 1st June upto 31st October and For July Session it is from 1st December upto 30th April
Note Important – There are some important points which a student should take into consideration, these are –
- Change in a) Elective/Course, b) Medium of study and c) Change of programme is permitted only within 30 days from the receipt of first set of course material.
- All study centres, Programme study centres, special study centres are not Examination centres.
- Foreign students residing in India are eligible to seek admission in IGNOU programmes who have valid student visa for the minimum duration of the programme.
- Students seeking admission are advised to directly contact IGNOU headquarters at New Delhi or Regional Centres of IGNOU only.
- 2018 April 10 -2019 May 10
- Class Timings : 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Every Sundays
Crash course- Early Morning Batch
- 2018 April 5 -2018 March 10
- Class Timings : 7:00 am to 9:00 am
Crash course- Evening Batch
- 2018 April 5 -2018 May 10
- Class Timings : 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Entire Course – Rs.95,000